Nikkei Virtual Global Forum
From the economy to business, international relations and social norms, the impact of the coronavirus pandemic has become far more drastic than we had imagined.As the countries strive to respond, Nikkei has invited leaders and experts from Japan and abroad to deliver a series of online lectures titled “Nikkei Virtual Global Forum” on how Japan and the world will change and how we should prepare ourselves for those coming changes.
- Session 1 Justice in a Time of Pandemic:Will the Coronavirus Change Our Way of Life?
- Professor Michael J. Sandel, teacher of political philosophy at Harvard University
- Session 2 The Vitality of the Japan-US alliance
- Joseph S. Nye, Jr. University of Distinguished Service Professor, Harvard University
- Session 3 The Future of Japanese Politics
- Shigeru Ishiba, Former Secretary-General, Liberal Democratic Party of Japan
- Session 4 World in Transition:How COVID-19 could change the international political order
- John J. Hamre, President and CEO, CSIS, Former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Defense
- Session 5 Japan's Economy Policy under COVID-19
- Heizo Takenaka, Professor at Toyo University, Former Minister for Internal Affairs and Communications
- Session 6 Human capital: the central pillar of revival
- Atsushi Seike, President, Promotion and Mutual Aid Coporation for Private Schools of Japan
- Special Session Conprehensive Shifts for future work
- Tatsuya Kamoi, President and CEO, ABeam Consulting Ltd.
- Maoko Kotani, Business news anchor
- Session 7 US-China Relations after COVID-19
- James B. Steinberg, Former Deputy Secretary of State
- Session 8 Cybersecurity after the COVID-19 Crisis
- Motohiro Tsuchiya, Professor, Keio University
- Session 9 Assessment of Policy Responses to the Coronavirus and Future Challenges
- Hiroshi Nakaso, Chairman of the Institute, Daiwa Institute of Research (DIR)
For more details: http://www.global-nikkei.com/nvgf/